Direct index mapping vs index mapping with directory

hey, I am unable to understand the difference between indexing data directly by making an index and by making particulars in an index.
ex:- how I create index from mysql to elastic via logstash is by providing index and all the data is in that index.
but I have seen a lot of place they work like marvel/movies/1/_search. What is the difference between these and which is more efficient if they are different. Also, How can i achieve this via logstash? @DavidTurner @ikakavas @dadoonet @theuntergeek

Hi @manish_kaushik ! Please refrain from pinging/addressing people directly. This is a public forum and questions are answered by whoever has the time to put in the effort to do so. We monitor these forums and will provide answers to the best of our ability and availability.

2 Likes

Sure

I don't understand the question to be honest.

okay, So, I am indexing like this:
elasticsearch {
hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
action=>update
# "%{id}" - > primary key of the table
document_id => "%{id}"
index =>"books"
doc_as_upsert =>true

Now, I have seen some posts they have proper id's of every document like this:
http://localhost:9200/vehicles/car/_search

http://localhost:9200/vehicles/bike/_search

they are using specified words like bike and car for indexing while i am just indexing in vehicles.
thats what i am unable to understand and am i properly indexing my data?

Sorry. I'm still not getting it.

Could you provide a full recreation script as described in About the Elasticsearch category. It will help to better understand what you are doing. Please, try to keep the example as simple as possible.

A full reproduction script will help readers to understand, reproduce and if needed fix your problem. It will also most likely help to get a faster answer.

Otherwise may be someone else will be able to answer.

1 Like

Those are types within an index, which is a concept that is being deprecated.

1 Like

Thanks

thanks dadonet

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.