Display a current hour metric on a Today time range dashboard

Hello all,

I have a dashboard with multiple panes that are using the Today date range.

Is it possible to show a metric of average response time for the current hour of today e.g. if current time was 08:15, it would show the average for 08:00:00 to 08:59:59 and would need to be dynamic to change to the current hour throughout the day and display on the same dashboard where all other visuals are using Today?

I would also like to show how the current hour compares to the previous hour when the Today date range is selected on the same dashboard where all other visuals are using Today.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

So, for the first request, I think you can get there with some tricky filtering on your timestamp field. If you're editing the visualization and click the "Add filter" button and then filter on your timestamp field, you can select the "is between" field. Then, in the inputs where you define the range, you can actually use some date math. You might need to mess with it but I think setting the start value to "now/h" will round down to the current hour and setting the end value to "now+1/h" will increment to the next hour.

For the second request, I'm not sure if you can do that on a single metric visualization.. but if you create a new visualization that's a line chart, you can select the "Serial Diff" aggregation and set a Date Histogram with an interval of an hour. That'll get you a line chart that shows how each hour compares to the last.

I hope this is helpful!

1 Like

Thank you Poff. Will give your suggestions a go. Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.