Display date range

Hi there!

I am wondering if there is a possibility to display the selected date range filter in a lens in Kibana.

The issue for me is that when in full screen in view mode, the currently selected date range is hidden away, so I get questions from people "Is this data for the last 30 days or for a week or...?" etc. What I would need is to create a simple lens (for instance, metric) where I would simply display something like "Number of clicks in " (where is the date range parameter and so if, for example, the filter is set to "last 7 days", the lens would say "Number of clicks in last 7 days").

Any hint on how I could do this (or display the selected date range filter in full screen view mode) would be really helpful!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I don't believe there is any way to write out the selected time range in Lens in something like a metric, but you could potentially try building out a chart in Lens using a date histogram. That way your users could visually see the time range start and end times on the x axis of a chart, and you could also break the data down by any interval that makes sense, like per day per instance.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it could be close enough.

Alternatively, if you know your time range will be static-ish (i.e. the users in full screen mode can't see it so they won't be changing it likely) you could write out the time range in a Markdown component.

Thank you for your reply!

I actually just need to display the total number of reports in Elastic for a certain time range, so a date histogram would not work. But, it is a bit static-ish, I guess, so I'll try the Markdown approach.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.