Display specific index in Kibana

This is a very basic doubt about Kibana. As we have different metrics like max, min, avg, if I want to display as per a custom metric, say min+1 or min+2 indexed, how can it be done in Kibana?

Kindly let me know the best approach to visualize data as per serial number.

For instance, in vega-lite, we can visualize data by applying filter,sorting the data and setting the rank, say 3, then that specific doc will be fetched. Is there any similar functionality for in-built Kibana Visualization features?

Hi Aditi, could you please help me understand exactly what you're trying to do?

if I want to display as per a custom metric, say min+1 or min+2 indexed, how can it be done in Kibana?

It sounds like you want to use a min aggregation but then offset it by some fixed value, e.g. 1 or 2? Is that correct?

Kindly let me know the best approach to visualize data as per serial number.

It all depends on how your data is structured and what you're trying to understand about the serial numbers. Are these serial numbers associated with logs? What kind of information do you want the visualization to convey?

Is there any similar functionality for in-built Kibana Visualization features?

Technically, Vega graphs are a type of visualization currently supported by Kibana, so I'm not sure what you mean about providing similar functionality for built-in visualization features. Can you just use a Vega graph if you want Vega graph functionality?

Hi,
For instance my data looks something like
5 entries

{
    "_index" : "metric_exp",
    "_type" : "data",
    "_id" : "5",
    "_score" : 1.0,
    "_source" : {
      "id" : 5
    }
  },
  {
    "_id" : "2",
      "id" : 2
    }
  },
  {
    "_id" : "4",
      "id" : 4
    }
  },
  {
    "_id" : "1",
      "id" : 1
    }
  },
  {
    "_id" : "3",
      "id" : 3
    }
  }

And I want some aggregation, in such a way, that it gives the output a single document with id=4

So this would be max-1
id=5 is the max
id=1 is the min
Input=5 docs with ids(1,2,3,4,5)
Output=1 doc with (max-1) position in input(id=4)

Are these serial numbers associated with logs?

No

What kind of information do you want the visualization to convey?

Mostly a data table I need

Can you just use a Vega graph if you want Vega graph functionality?

I have implemented something like above metric in vega-lite but since I need a table this time, I thought if I can reach that by using Data-Table built-in feature.

Kindly let me know if I can do this in Data-Table built-in feature.

Thanks for sharing more details! I indexed your sample documents, made an index pattern, and created a scripted field on it that would be one less than the id value.

Then I created a data table visualization of this index pattern, and used the "Top Hit" aggregation to find the document with the highest idLessOne value.

Does this help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.