Distinguish update and create dashboard permission in security

Is it possible to distinguish create and update permission for indice priviledge?
I have a requirement for this an I am considering to distinguish permission in dashboard for update and creating.

I understand that elasticsearch uses same POST request for create and update document so technically there is no difference for REST API between create and update. I just want to be sure if there is a way or not.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-update.html

Hi there,

Are you asking if there is a way to determine whether a particular user or role has permission to add documents to an index, or to write to documents in an index?

If so, have you taken a look at our docs on indices privileges? Please let me know if this helps, or if perhaps I'm misunderstand your question.

Thanks,
CJ

Hello @cjcenizal

Thanks for the reply.

Partially correct. I was asking for if there is a way to determine whether a particular user or role has permission to add documents to an index, or to just update documents in an index .

Thanks.

Ah, I see! In that case, I don't think that such a role exists, in which users can only update documents. The closest thing is the index privilege, which allows users to index and update documents.

CJ

Ok. Thanks. That is what I thought.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.