Downgrade beat version from v8 to v7

Hi, can I know is it possible to downgrade from version 8 to v 7.14. Earlier what I did was just backup existing filebeat at /etc/filebeat and install new filebeat v8 via rpm. After installing noticed something cause my cluster cant start. So what i did is I removed the index from Elasticsearch. How can I downgrade filebeat version since my Elasticsearch is version 7.

Hi @navin1093,

If I understood correctly, your installation of Filebeat v8 did not send any data on Elasticsearch, is that right?

There were quite some changes from v7.x to v8.x, like the way data is stored in Elasticsearch.

So if you don't need to keep the data the different versions sent, just completely uninstall v8 and then install v7.

I realized after install version 8 Filebeat, suddebly i cant bring up my Elasticsearch. I mean Elasticsearch master is up but not sure why can't connect to cluster. Therefore, i delete the idnex then can bring up. However, cant send logs. Ussually what is the steps to complete remove v8 and install v7. We jsut run the yum install?

In Kibana the error below was thrown earlier before delete the index

FATAL  Error: Unable to complete saved object migrations for the [.kibana_task_manager] index. Please check the health of your Elasticsearch cluster and try again. Error: [cluster_block_exception]: index [.kibana_task_manager_7.14.0_001] blocked by: [TOO_MANY_REQUESTS/12/disk usage exceeded flood-stage watermark, index has read-only-allow-delete block];

Looks like you ran out of disk space.

1 Like

Yes, as you used your package manager to install it, just use it to uninstall Filebeat.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.