Elastalert - Connection aborted

Hey there guys, first time trying to work with Elastalert.
I am attempting to use the elastalert-create-index command and I getting an odd response back.
I used the same host and port on all my other config files and everything seems to be working fine! yet when I try and run this command I am getting a connection aborted.

raise ConnectionError("N/A", str(e), e) elasticsearch.exceptions.ConnectionError: ConnectionError(('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response',))) caused by: ConnectionError(('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response',)))

This is my config file.. What's wrong here? :cry:

#This is the folder that contains the rule yaml files
#Any .yaml file will be loaded as a rule
rules_folder: example_rules
#How often ElastAlert will query Elasticsearch
#The unit can be anything from weeks to seconds
run_every:
minutes: 1
#ElastAlert will buffer results from the most recent
#period of time, in case some log sources are not in real time
buffer_time:
minutes: 15
#The Elasticsearch hostname for metadata writeback
#Note that every rule can have its own Elasticsearch host
es_host: "a54cf51d3649451e9386271e10314481.eu-central-1.aws.cloud.es.io"
#The Elasticsearch port
es_port: 9243
#The AWS region to use. Set this when using AWS-managed elasticsearch
aws_region: eu-central-1
#The AWS profile to use. Use this if you are using an aws-cli profile.
#See Get started with the AWS CLI - AWS Command Line Interface
#for details
profile: test

Please read carefully the About the Elasticsearch category and specifically the "Also be patient" part. It is not polite to bump your thread after just 9 hours like you did.

Furthermore, Elastalert is a third-party plugin so you will likely get more useful support from a more Elastalert-focussed forum. The recommended way to do alerting with Elasticsearch is with Watcher.

Sorry about that David, I didn't know about that bumping policy!

I am attempting to learn elastalert so watcher isn't exactly what I am aiming at but thank you for taking the time and responding anyhow

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.