I/O Optimized
Computed Optimized
Memory Optimized

Actual options given in Elastic cloud:

Storage Optimized
Storage Optimized (Dense)
General Purpose
CPU Optimized

I would like to pick the option closest to I/O optimized, but I have no idea which one that might be.

Hi @JJK

Which Provider?

What is your use case Search.. observability?

Tell me a little bit and I'll help if I can.

Both Google Cloud (default) and Amazon Web Services show different hardware profiles then what is in the documentation. (Only Azure matches docs).

I'm planning on using Amazon Web Services.

See attached images.

As far as use case:
This is for a website where users add forms (just keyword/text fields, not docs) that get indexed (in near real time) and are stored indefinitely.

These forms are then searched by the members of their organization.
So there is a high search load, and near-real-time indexing.

Hi @JJK

Yup the Docs are a bit Behind / mixed up for that top level selection there have been a lot of updates the page you really want to look at is this page here which should be up to date.

I would probably look at the CPU Optimized (ARM)

is your searches are complex etc, aggregation and perhaps smaller dataset you can go with Compute Optimized which give a Higher Ratio to CPU to RAM which makes searches and indexing fast but the amount of storage is a bit lower but still pretty substantial

CPU Optimized (ARM)

aws.es.datahot.c6gd

Suitable for ingestion use cases with 1-4 days of data available for fast access and for search use cases with indexing and querying workloads. Provides the most CPU resources per unit of RAM.

Pick a size and scale up / down if needed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.