Elastic SaaS Crawl Frequency Settings, also SSO

Hello,

I have a couple questions about the capability of SaaS Elastic crawling and also SSO.

Crawl Scheduling:
I am running a trial with a couple test indices. In one index there multiple domains/subdomains. One of the domains within this index has ~19 entry points. The subdomains in the index have no additional entry points, just their top-level.

In Enterprise Search > Indices > [index] > Scheduling - Crawl Frequency, I see there is the option for 'Specific time scheduling' or 'Interval scheduling'.

Is there a way to granular schedule a crawl for one domain in the index for a specific time, then a different time for another domain in the same index?

SSO:
Is SSO functionality available in the 'trial' environment?

Hello,

Is there a way to granular schedule a crawl for one domain in the index for a specific time, then a different time for another domain in the same index ?

I assume you are using Enterprise Search version 8.6. Unfortunately, multi-scheduling is not supported in 8.6.

I can offer 3 options:

1. Create indices for each domain and then create an Elasticsearch alias that includes all your search indices. In this case, we can configure scheduling per domain and work with your data as if it were a single index. You can find more information about Elasticsearch aliases here

2. Use App Search Engines' Crawler. It has external APIs and you can build automation on your side to perform crawls via API)

3. Just wait a bit for the multi-scheduling feature :slight_smile:

Is SSO functionality available in the 'trial' environment?

Yes, it is available in the trial environment.

you can find more information here

1 Like

Hi, Dmitrii

Thanks for the response. Good to know there is a scheduling enhancement on the roadmap!

I suppose another way is to make the separate indexes, like you mention, then create a 'Meta Engine'(?) to combine them. Any timeline for the >v8.7 releases?

For SSO, seeing the referenced documentation, so does this require getting AWS CLI/direct console access to the Kibana instance to configure? Ideally, configuration would be from the SaaS UI.

I noticed mentions of an 'elasticsearch.yml' (maybe in an older version ) being a place to add SSO configs. Would Deployments > Edit > Elasticsearch > 'Manage user settings and extensions' be the place for that in v8.6 SaaS?

Appreciate the help! :slight_smile:

For SSO, seeing the referenced documentation, so does this require getting AWS CLI/direct console access to the Kibana instance to configure? Ideally, configuration would be from the SaaS UI.

I noticed mentions of an 'elasticsearch.yml' (maybe in an older version ) being a place to add SSO configs. Would Deployments > Edit > Elasticsearch > 'Manage user settings and extensions' be the place for that in v8.6 SaaS?

I see you asked your question about SSO in another thread so let's keep that thread separate.

Any timeline for the >v8.7 releases?

Unfortunately, I can't share the information about this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.