Elastic search snapshot and restore between the clusters

I have Elasticsearch (1.1.1) clusters running one in production which has 3 shards and 2 replicas. One cluster running in test with 1 shard and 1 replica.

Using snapshot and backup functionality I created the back up of the production and trying restoring it to test.
I am getting the following error:
{"error":"SnapshotRestoreException[[es_backup:es_11_snapshot] cannot restore index [v1] with [1] shard from snapshot with [3] shards]","status":500}

Any ideas why?

You probably have more detailed logs?
Could you paste them? Might give a clue.

This is what I have in the log file.

[2015-11-09 13:59:28,278][WARN ][snapshots ] [Test ES Node] [es_losal_backup:es_11_snapshot] failed to restore snapshot
org.elasticsearch.snapshots.SnapshotRestoreException: [es_losal_backup:es_11_snapshot] cannot restore index [csv1] with [1] shard from snapshot with [3] shards
at org.elasticsearch.snapshots.RestoreService$1.execute(RestoreService.java:190)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$UpdateTask.run(InternalClusterService.java:309)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:134)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)