Elasticsearch 5.3.0 not showing up in Yum list

Hi,
I'm trying to install Elasticsearch 5.3.0 and I can't get the version to show up on my servers. My servers sit on my internal network, so I download the Elastic stack rpms and put them into my own repo.
I execute createrepo, sync my files to the repo web servers.
On my ES servers, I run yum clean all. Then I run yum list and all I see for elasticsearch is 5.2.2.
The other elastic stack components that I do in the same way, Logstash, beats, etc.. , I get the 5.3.0 versions.
My process is sound. But I think there maybe something weird with the Elasticsearch 5.3.0 rpm. Oh, and I ran the sha1 check on it, and it's valid.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

So you have populated your own repository with our official rpms?

If you install the elasticsearch rpm directly on a host, does it appear to work as expected and install the correct version?
Do you have the ability to use a proxy to get out to our official repository to fetch rpms or is your internal network entirely separate?

I was able to download the rpm and run an install and it worked ok.
The proxy config through yum has always been a pain in the butt. My server team prefers we don't setup yum with proxies. That is what I will probably do, if I can't get this to work.

I have also tried this on a brand new repo with the same results. It's just odd.

Thanks,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.