Elasticsearch YUM Repositories Are Down

Elasticsearch Community,

The documentation for installing Elasticsearch as an RPM is out of date. Not sure on the status of the YUM repos. I noticed there was ticket(155198) open in Nov, yet was closed with no resolution.

Let me know!

-Van

If you are noticing a problem then providing details on what you are doing and what you are seeing, including commands, their output, and any other logging, is really helpful.

Thank you for the response. I made an assumption when attempting to access via my web browser over port 443 and I got a 404 Not Found. Therefore I assumed that the yum install would not work. We also attempted to proxy this internally via Artifactory and still received a 404. In an attempt to answer your question above, I attempted to install elasticsearch on my own Fedora machine.

$ sudo dnf install elasticsearch
Elasticsearch repository for 6.x packages       3.2 MB/s | 9.2 MB     00:02    
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:04 ago on Fri 11 Jan 2019 02:34:05 PM EST.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================
 Package             Arch         Version         Repository               Size
================================================================================
Installing:
 elasticsearch       noarch       6.5.4-1         elasticsearch-6.x       108 M

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total download size: 108 M
Installed size: 160 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
elasticsearch-6.5.4.rpm                          11 MB/s | 108 MB     00:09    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                            11 MB/s | 108 MB     00:09     
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                        1/1 
  Running scriptlet: elasticsearch-6.5.4-1.noarch                           1/1 
Creating elasticsearch group... OK
Creating elasticsearch user... OK

Installing       : elasticsearch-6.5.4-1.noarch                           1/1 
  Running scriptlet: elasticsearch-6.5.4-1.noarch                           1/1 
### NOT starting on installation, please execute the following statements to configure elasticsearch service to start automatically using systemd
 sudo systemctl daemon-reload
 sudo systemctl enable elasticsearch.service
### You can start elasticsearch service by executing
 sudo systemctl start elasticsearch.service

Created elasticsearch keystore in /etc/elasticsearch

Verifying        : elasticsearch-6.5.4-1.noarch                           1/1 

Installed:
  elasticsearch-6.5.4-1.noarch                                                  

Complete!

It worked. This is on us and the ticket can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.