Elasticsearch config parsed in Python

Hello guys
So, i have a problem to maintain elasticsearch config in production.
There are so many changes to elasticsearch config.
So, i need to change the
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["1.1.1.2"] to be discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["1.1.1.2", "1.1.1.3] if i want to add new instance. This is the repetitive work.
Do you have any idea how do i change all config for each elasticsearch instance easily ?

If you are using python then you should use our library, which will handle nodes changes as long as it can reach one node in the cluster.

do you have the example to use it for setting configuration ?
I have searched in google, and always find unrelated case

The docs for the client (which ever one you are using) are the best place for that.

Are you using any orchestration management tool, e.g. Ansible, Chef or Puppet? This is often how configurations are managed at scale.

Ansible...
hmm... yeah yeah... Ansible can do this
But, Ansible is not available for developer in my company. Ansible is for system engineer only. So, we can't be available for them 24/7

Ansible is a good tool for the job. If you for some internal policy reasons can not use it I guess you will need to create your own solution, which to me sounds a lot like reinventing the wheel.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.