Elasticsearch Curator on Google Functions

Hi,

I am writing a Python script to delete Metricbeat indices older than certain days using ES Curator. I could successfully install the curator on my machine and run the code.

I want to deploy the script to Google Functions and schedule it to run it daily. When trying to deploy the code to Google Functions, the deployment fails due to the following error:

ERROR: (gcloud.functions.deploy) OperationError: code=3, message=Build failed: {"error": {"canonicalCode": "INVALID_ARGUMENT", "errorMessage": "pip_download_wheelshad stderr output:\nCommand \"python setup.py egg_info\" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-wheel-bpfumh67/elasticsearch-curator/\n\nerror:pip_download_wheelsreturned code: 1", "errorType": "InternalError", "errorId": "1F88AD90"}}

As I could understand from the error, it is unable to install elasticsearch-curator when pip is installing dependencies. Is there a way to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

Nice idea!

But we have thought about it and implemented the same.

Please refer Index Lifecycle Management

--
Aravind

Hi Aravind

Thank you for your reply. I could successfully do it using ILM. Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.