Elasticsearch Index not loaded (ES curator)

HEllo Everybody,
My elasticsearch instance was not working this morning. It was because the device was without any more space.
I have realized I was having a problem with ES curator.

python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/curator/curator.py --host 127.0.0.1 delete indices --older-than 30 --time-unit days --timestring '%Y.%m.%d'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/curator/curator.py", line 2, in <module>
    from .cli import cli
ValueError: Attempted relative import in non-package

Do you have any idea why this could be happening?
Besides, I can not load the last index, any idea about how to solve it?

Well, I would first off point out that you're using a very old version of Curator. 3.x is no longer supported.

Second, I would point out that you're launching Curator incorrectly. It should be launched by the entry_point, which is usually /usr/bin/curator or /usr/local/bin/curator.

What version of Elasticsearch are you using?

Thank you for your quick response Aaron @theuntergeek
This is the configuration I am using now:

Curator version 3.3.0

Python 2.6

Elasticsearch version 1.7.1

It was working perfectly fine before, but now suddenly stopped.

What is your advice?

And any idea about how to restore the index ? it seems to be corrupted.

Thanks

I can't tell you if there's a corrupted snapshot or not. The error above indicates something happened to your python instance and it doesn't like how you're launching Curator.

You should at least be using 3.5.1, and launch using the entry_point, not from launching python /path/to/wherever/curator.py/is, which was never a recommended thing. If that was not working, the likely issue and fix were both described in this FAQ in the official documentation.

Thank you,
It was a problem with urllib3.
I reinstalled it and it was solved.

Do we have any idea about what to do with the indices that are in that state?
size:unknown
docs: unknown

Now I have them closed but I woul like to get it back

With no logs, I cannot even tell what the issue is.

I can tell you that Elasticsearch cannot report on the size or number of documents in a closed index. A number of these and similar caveats are described in the Curator documentation for deleting by space.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.