I am trying to upgrade my 7.2 ES cluster to 7.7.1.
I have a few questions on the snapshot process.
I have a 6 node cluster - 3 Master and 3 Data Nodes.
1. How should i take snapshots?
Should i create a repo in all 6 nodes and do manual snapshots of the data sparartely?
Should i create a common filesystem and take a snapshot from Kibana Dev tools.
2. What are the exact steps that i need to follow in a cluster backup?
I did test upgrade steps for a single node, but on a cluster, im unsure.
Here's what i did in a single node:
- create a repo directory
- add path.repo in ES
- restart es and take snapshot as per doc.
- Flush and stop Es service
- install 7.7.1 using rpm, upgrade
- enable service back.
Please do help me understand the process.