Elasticsearch with log data and elastic stack

Hi,

Am using cloud version of Elastic for ingesting log data into my Elasticsearch cluster,

What is the method or which Elastic stack to use to ingest data into the cluster?

Kind Regards,
Ramya

• Logstash
  • Beats
  • Your code

Basically I am looking to ingest log data,
Is Logstash and Beats both are required to ingest log data?
When you say Your code, can you please explain on this?

Is Logstash and Beats both are required to ingest log data?

Required? No. It depends on what you are doing. For simple transformations, you can use ingest node feature as well.

When you say Your code, can you please explain on this?

Write any Java, Python, Perl, .Net, whatever lang you prefer and call elasticsearch using its HTTP endpoint.

Thanks for this, now i can better explain the use case looking for i.e., transforming log data into transaction data, can you advise what is the method or feature to use for this?

Another use case for log data: is Logstash or Beats required to import log data into the cluster?

what is the method or feature to use for this?

I already did.

Another use case for log data: is Logstash or Beats required to import log data into the cluster?

No. But it's easier with those tools.

I already did = means Logstash or Beats can be used for the transformation of log data into transactional data, hope this is the meaning when you said "I already did"

I said:

For simple transformations, you can use ingest node feature as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.