Elasticsearch8.5.0 jar hell problem

warning: ignoring JAVA_HOME=/home/lizhibo/.sdkman/candidates/java/current; using bundled JDK
java=/home/lizhibo/elasticsearch-8.5.0/jdk/bin/java
[2022-11-10T15:23:01,353][ERROR][o.e.b.Elasticsearch      ] [node-1] fatal exception while booting Elasticsearchjava.lang.IllegalStateException: jar hell!
class: sun.applet.AppContextCreator
jar1: /usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar
jar2: /usr/local/java/jre/lib/rt.jar
        at org.elasticsearch.base@8.5.0/org.elasticsearch.jdk.JarHell.checkClass(JarHell.java:315)
        at org.elasticsearch.base@8.5.0/org.elasticsearch.jdk.JarHell.checkJarHell(JarHell.java:233)
        at org.elasticsearch.base@8.5.0/org.elasticsearch.jdk.JarHell.checkJarHell(JarHell.java:84)
        at org.elasticsearch.server@8.5.0/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.initPhase2(Elasticsearch.java:180)
        at org.elasticsearch.server@8.5.0/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:66)

See logs for more details.

ERROR: Elasticsearch did not exit normally - check the logs at /home/lizhibo/es-work/logs/heartbeat-es.log

ERROR: Elasticsearch exited unexpectedly

My operating system is centos7, and the version of elasticsearch is 8.5.0. The version of usr/local/java is 1.8. my question is why there is still a jar conflict between / usr/local/java when I print environment variables and use the built-in JDK of Java. How to solve the problem?

I solved this problem by myself. I opened the DEBUG log and found that the path of the log output java.class.path contains the path of / usr/local/java. Then I set-Djava.class.path to the home directory of ES in the jvm.options file, and the problem is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.