ELK capabilities to replace traditional monitoring

Hi, I am new to Elastic and in my organization we are thinking of eliminating NAGIOS as a monitoring tool so we are investigating the capabilities that this stack can give us.
I have not been able to find how to replace, for example, the management of remote execution of scripts or put in acknowlege a problem or set maintenance windows.
I have not found documentation so I would like to know if it is possible to do these things with ELK or this tool does not handle these concepts and should I continue using a tool like nagios to keep this monitoring methodology?

thanks in advance!
Gastón.-

1 Like

Can you clarify what you want to do or show an example ? So far the problem you are looking for a feature / solution is vague.

I need to execute a script on a remote host for example to obtain performance metrics, in some cases we execute powershell scripts for clustersharedvolumes idle storage or for example I have the case where we run a bash or perl script with sqlclient to run store procedures of an oracle database and we obtain values ​​that can be validated and according to a threshold generate an alert.
Another example may be to obtain the space stored by users on a server and if the space is greater than the threshold, an email is sent to that user requesting to stay within the assigned parameters.

All these alerts must be able to be put into maintenance or acknowledge if the procedure requires it.
Also timeperiods, for example not checking or not alerting between a particular date or time.

1 Like

Logstash can do this for you - Exec input plugin | Logstash Reference [7.15] | Elastic

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.