Elk container upgrade

Hello,
I have deploy elasticsearch and kibana using docker container with mounted storage. It was at version 6.8 and now I have upgrade to 7.3 so I stoped the container and redeployed it with the new container images. Everything came up correctly but there seems to be a forbidden error when I am trying to see the indices. Does anyone have any advice to fix this issue?
Thank you.

Can you share the error or the place where it's occurring? Can you share a little more about your upgrade process, e.g. did you run the upgrade assistant?

I stop the container. and deploy the new container with the same directory mount. the server undergo the optimization period. and kibana 7.3 was up with the elasticsearch7.3 nodes

there isn't any error in the docker logs. but when in kibana, you can see the "forbidden" in the index creation setup. I didn't use the upgrade assistant .

I did this when I change between elastic stack 5 to 6 and it seems like it works fine.

If you open dev tools you should be able to see the network request that's forbidden that we can use to dig a bit deeper. It sounds related to the current user's permissions getting lost

I tried to redeploy it with a new container with the same volume mount.
It says that it did optimazation and kibana came up.

Sorry, late reply. I am seeing:

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:06:49Z","tags":["warning","process"],"pid":6,"level":"error","error":{"message":"Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 123)","name":"UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning","stack":"Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms\n    at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:362:15\n    at Timeout.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:391:7)\n    at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)\n    at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)\n    at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)\n    at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)"},"message":"Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 123)"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:06:50Z","tags":["reporting","warning"],"pid":6,"message":"Reporting plugin self-check failed. Please check the Kibana Reporting settings. Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:06:50Z","tags":["warning","task_manager"],"pid":6,"message":"PollError Request Timeout after 30000ms"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:06:50Z","tags":["warning","maps"],"pid":6,"message":"Error scheduling telemetry task, received NotInitialized: Tasks cannot be scheduled until after task manager is initialized!"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:06:50Z","tags":["warning","telemetry"],"pid":6,"message":"Error scheduling task, received NotInitialized: Tasks cannot be scheduled until after task manager is initialized!"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:07:19Z","tags":["error","elasticsearch","data"],"pid":6,"message":"Request error, retrying\nGET http://elasticsearch-ingest-1.aws.c2il.org:9100/_xpack => connect EHOSTUNREACH 10.30.49.247:9100"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-09-16T17:07:20Z","tags":["fatal","root"],"pid":6,"message":"{ Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms\n    at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:362:15\n    at Timeout.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:391:7)\n    at ontimeout (timers.js:436:11)\n    at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:300:5)\n    at listOnTimeout (timers.js:263:5)\n    at Timer.processTimers (timers.js:223:10)\n  status: undefined,\n  displayName: 'RequestTimeout',\n  message: 'Request Timeout after 30000ms',\n  body: undefined,\n  isBoom: true,\n  isServer: true,\n  data: null,\n  output:\n   { statusCode: 503,\n     payload:\n      { statusCode: 503,\n        error: 'Service Unavailable',\n        message: 'Request Timeout after 30000ms' },\n     headers: {} },\n  reformat: [Function],\n  [Symbol(SavedObjectsClientErrorCode)]: 'SavedObjectsClient/esUnavailable' }"}

this log was capture from kibana docker container and kibana isn't coming up.

That helps - thanks. Kibana's saying it can open a connection, but there's no response from elasticsearch now.

Do you have any docker networks created? Any firewall rules? Any double checking you can do that the host is reachable from the container - maybe the protocol should be https

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.