ELK Machine capacity for 10000 events per sec

I have close to 1000 log files which produces 10000 events per sec, out of which i have to extract 1000 events per sec and parse it to elasticsearch.
Currently i have a machine (bare metal) which has 32 CPU cores, 47 gig RAM.
What would be the better machine capacity or number of machines for ELK to work ?

Please advice.

Is your current machine not coping?
It should be able to cope with that load.

Well, my groks are taking too much time to process. Thus resulting in a huge latency of processing files.
I have around 5 logstash config files, and around 1000 files passing to it with /*.log.
Each config file has 4 to 6 grok filters.
Well i really spent lot of time in analysing this without any luck.
Looks like ES is working fine without much load.

Then you need to add more LS workers or instances :slight_smile:

Well i added that too, currently i have 28 workers running. Still resulting in latency.
Looks like groks are eating up much CPU.

Maybe we can help tune your grok patterns then?

That would be really Great :smile:.

I am sending the 1st config groks.

"message", "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:log_timestamp}%{DATA}Site %{INT:id}%{DATA}accepted (?<skip>[0-9A-F]{24})(?<sequence_num_hex>[0-9A-F]{8})%{DATA}",
             "message", "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:log_timestamp}%{DATA}Site %{INT}%{DATA}msgid: %{INT:msg_id}%{DATA}track_id: %{INT:track_id}%{DATA}name: %{USERNAME:name}, status: %{WORD:status}",
             "message", "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:log_timestamp}%{DATA}Site %{INT:site}%{DATA}send (?<skip>[0-9A-F]{24})(?<sequence_num_hex>[0-9A-F]{8})%{DATA}",
             "message", "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:log_timestamp}%{DATA}Site %{INT:site}%{DATA}msgid %{INT:msg_id}%{DATA}sdu: %{INT} %{INT} %{INT} %{INT:num}"

does the groks looks fine, its eating up lot of CPU.

I'd try creating custom patterns for the regex stuff you have in there, and then drop them using mutate (if that is what you are doing).