Embed Kibana Log Stream Widget to Web page

Hello!
I am new to the ELK stack, it's awesome, but for our use case we need just the Log Stream page of kibana (/app/logs/stream) and we need to embed it into our own web application.

I see that we could utilize iframes for visualizations, but i believe the log stream is not really a visualization, it's its own different thing. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

that we could utilize iframes for visualizations, but i believe the log stream is not really a visualization, it's its own different thing. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

You can embed Kibana in iframe with a URL pointing to the Log Stream page.

<iframe src="http://localhost:5601/app/logs/stream?flyoutOptions=(flyoutId:!n,flyoutVisibility:hidden,surroundingLogsId:!n)&logPosition=(end:now,position:(tiebreaker:2734,time:1595511717907),start:now-1d,streamLive:!f)" height="600" width="800"></iframe>

You can prevent navigation from the page by creating a custom role with reading access to the Logs app only. Unfortunately, it doesn't hide all the controls on the page. Not sure there is a good way to hide them besides injecting custom CSS. Could you create a feature request, maybe?Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.