Erroneous number of documents in the index cannot exceed 2147483519 message?

I cannot start one of my Elasticsearch nodes. It says, "number of documents in the index cannot exceed 2147483519." However, using the "_cat/count" API call, I'm not able to find any indices that have two billion documents.

Regardless, I need to fix the underlying issue and restore my cluster. I simply cannot find the root cause of the issue. FWIW, Kibana->health also does not show any index of that size.

You may want to read this thread regarding nested documents.

Thanks for this suggestion. I do see variables that are "nested." E.g., flow.client_geo_location (from Elastiflow)... but no "documents" that are nested. I don't know if this is the same thing.

My Googling (i.e., online searches) has been ineffective. If you (or anyone else) are able to offer additional suggestions... well, they'll be appreciated. The majority of my indices aren't terribly large. In an effort to "get going," we've deleted our largest indices and are now using a mere 1TB of storage. Help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.