Error: fail to enroll: fail to execute request to fleet-server: x509: cannot validate certificate for because it doesn't contain any IP SANs I'

Hello there! I have a problem with fleet server. When I'm trying to install fleet server, I had a next error: Error: fail to enroll: fail to execute request to fleet-server: x509: cannot validate certificate for because it doesn't contain any IP SANs

I've created selfsigned certificate. What should I do?

Error: fail to enroll: fail to execute request to fleet-server: x509: cannot validate certificate for because it doesn't contain any IP SANs

Are you trying to connect to an IP address and expecting TLS to work ? Did you try to connect to the hostname ? What hostname/domain did you use when creating the certificate ?

If you really need to it is possible to create an IP SAN certificate. But I am sure this is not the way you want to go ahead.

IP SAN: medium[.]com/@antelle/how-to-generate-a-self-signed-ssl-certificate-for-an-ip-address-f0dd8dddf754

Thank you so much for getting feedback!
Yeah, I've checked everything. And 5 minutes ago I found a solution for this problem. It was my bad)) I have not payed attention at the domain name while generated certificate. Problem was there.
Appreciate you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.