Error fetching fields for index pattern abcd-* (ID: 9dffc420-9ea5-11ec-93d5-xxxxxxxxxx)

Hi ,

I am using kibana 7.17.0 , started getting this error "Error fetching fields for index pattern abcd-* (ID: 9dffc420-9ea5-11ec-93d5-xxxxxxxxxx) undefined Response" from today. it was working from last 2 months. it points to _request/<@https://x.x.x.x/46534/bundles/plugin/dataViews/kibana/dataViews.plugin.js:1:37078

I have gone through other post but seems I am the only one getting "undefined Response".

Please suggest how to troubleshoot this error.

Thanks,
Homesh

Hello Homesh,

Can you please query your Elasticsearch and see if you have data?
Thanks,
Bhavya

Hi Bhavya,

Yes I have the data, as I also have more specific patterns which are working e.g. abcd-123-* or abcd-456-* is working. also if I try to create new pattern like abcd* it showing me loading image for timestamp field.

Thanks,
Homesh

Hi All,

Kindly guide on troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks,
Homesh

Hi All,

I enabled debug log in kibana below is the log which return 404

"type":"response","@timestamp":"2022-05-16T10:14:37+00:00","tags":,"pid":7,"method":"get","statusCode":404,"req":{"url":"/api/index_patterns/_fields_for_wildcard?pattern=abcd-%2A&meta_fields=_source&meta_fields=_id&meta_fields=_type&meta_fields=_index&meta_fields=_score","method":"get","headers":{"host":"x.x.x.x","user-agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0","accept":"/","accept-language":"en-US,en;q=0.5","accept-encoding":"gzip, deflate, br","referer":"https://x.x.x.x/dashboard1/app/management/kibana/indexPatterns/patterns/xxxxxx-11ec-93d5-b1e96804a3e4","content-type":"application/json","kbn-version":"7.17.0","sec-fetch-dest":"empty","sec-fetch-mode":"cors","sec-fetch-site":"same-origin","x-forwarded-for":"x.x.x.x","x-forwarded-host":"x.x.x.x","x-forwarded-server":"x.x.x.x","connection":"Keep-Alive"},"remoteAddress":"x.x.x.x","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0","referer":"https://x.x.x.x/dashboard1/app/management/kibana/indexPatterns/patterns/xxxxx-9ea5-11ec-93d5-b1e96804a3e4"},"res":{"statusCode":404,"responseTime":41,"contentLength":410},"message":"GET /api/index_patterns/_fields_for_wildcard?pattern=abcd%2A&meta_fields=_source&meta_fields=_id&meta_fields=_type&meta_fields=_index&meta_fields=_score 404 41ms - 410.0B"}

What could be the possible reasons ?

Thanks,
Homesh

I Resolved this with a workaround by creating a pattern as abcd-1* as all the indexes starts with this pattern. However I still don't know why abcd-* do not able to find the fields from selected indexes.
Can you please help in finding the reason for this.

Thanks,
Homesh

@matw / @mattkime any ideas? Thanks!

Hello @homesh_joshi -

It would be worth getting to the bottom of this. Could you capture a har file that includes the _fields_for_wildcard request?

You could also try Field capabilities API | Elasticsearch Guide [7.17] | Elastic with the index pattern string you're attempting. It should fail in the same way. A har file might be helpful here too.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.