Error in creating Index patterns for Join Field

Hi,
I am following this tutorial Parent ID query | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic

After creating an index and inserting documents, the search is working fine both in my local and dev server. But when I am creating an index pattern and going to search in kibana (analytics-> discovery), in local it's working fine, but in dev server, it's giving error - unsupported_operation_exception: Cannot fetch values for internal field [parent].

The only difference I can figure out is in index patterns, that the parent field is showing a type of parent in my local, but in dev, it's showing as unknown type.

Local-

Dev server-

Can anyone explain to me, what am I doing wrong?

@dadoonet any thoughts ?

No idea.

May be check both mappings and compare them.
If they are identical and you are using the same exact version of the stack, I'd move the question to #elastic-stack:kibana .

Also please be patient in waiting for responses to your question and refrain from pinging multiple times asking for a response or opening multiple topics for the same question. This is a community forum, it may take time for someone to reply to your question. For more information please refer to the Community Code of Conduct specifically the section "Be patient". Also, please refrain from pinging folks directly, this is a forum and anyone that participates might be able to assist you.

If you are in need of a service with an SLA that covers response times for questions then you may want to consider talking to us about a subscription.

It's fine to answer on your own thread after 2 or 3 days (not including weekends) if you don't have an answer.

1 Like

looks like we need to move this under #elastic-stack:kibana , no response till now. :frowning:

I moved the question.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.