Error occurrences per 1000 requests - Multiple queries on a single graph

Is it possible displaying the frequency of a specific error per 1000 operations on a visualization on Kibana, without Kibana Lens? Using filters I can get the count of errors and the count of operations and display them in the same visualization. However, I would like the number of operations to be displayed in a line and the number of errors in a bar. Can I have two chart types in the same visualization, for the same metric?

Hi @Nefeli_Tavoulari

welcome to the Kibana community.
Why the requirement of not using Kibana Lens? It supports multiple layers for charts, which allows to do exactly this overlay of multiple chart types (line + bars).

It just needs an update in order to have Kibana Lens and I do not have the capacity to do it right now. Is there any other way?

You can layer compatible chart types in the Agg-based editor within the Metrics & axes panel.
Expand for each metric panel and pick the desired Chart type from the list:

But this is for different metrics, right? I dont have different metrics, I have two filters on the message field, one to retrieve the count of operations and one to retrieve the count of errors. I found out that the TSVB visualization supports the needed functionality. My only issue now is that I want the operations to be normalized to 1000. So, that I have the count of errors per 1000 operations.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.