Error while upgrading Logstash to version 8.15.3

Hello to all
After noticing that there is a new version of ELK 8.15.13 I set out to perform the upgrade initially on the elasticsearch cluster servers and all normal, kibana all normal.

I started to have problems when updating logstash where I initially stopped the service with a systemctl stop logstash, then I did an apt-get update and an apt-get install logstash, the installation was completed without problems, was updated and the service was apparently without errors.

When I noticed that no logs were arriving I went to var/log/logstash and I see the following giant error but I don't see anything, can you help me?

I had to go back to the previous version using a snapshop and everything is now normal but in the previous version

Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable to configure plugins: (ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline.<init>(CompiledPipeline.java:120)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.call(AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.gen)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.JavaMethod$JavaMethodN.call(JavaMethod.java:847)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuper(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1379)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.InstanceSuperInstr.interpret(InstanceSuperInstr.java:139)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:128)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:115)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.newInstance(RubyClass.java:949)", "org.jruby.RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.call(RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.gen)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.CallBase.interpret(CallBase.java:548)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.interpret(InterpreterEngine.java:88)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:238)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:225)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:228)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:476)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:293)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:324)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.Interpreter.INTERPRET_BLOCK(Interpreter.java:118)", "org.jruby.runtime.MixedModeIRBlockBody.commonYieldPath(MixedModeIRBlockBody.java:136)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:66)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:58)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:144)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:354)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:111)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583)"], :cause=>{:exception=>Java::OrgJrubyExceptions::Exception, :message=>"(ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["RUBY.config_init(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/config/mixin.rb:111)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:141)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-mixin-ecs_compatibility_support-1.3.0-java/lib/logstash/plugin_mixins/ecs_compatibility_support/selector.rb:61)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:97)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:80)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:53)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.filter_delegator(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:73)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:250)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:48)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "RUBY.execute(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:49)", "RUBY.converge_state(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:386)"]}}
[2024-10-17T14:46:09,241][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Logstash shut down.
[2024-10-17T14:46:09,246][FATAL][org.logstash.Logstash    ] Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit

Immediately before that exception, which comes from logstash.agent, I would expect another error message saying what plugin found what issue with its configuration.

That's what I see in 8.15.3 with the exact same stack trace for the IllegalStateException.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you very much for replying, I apologize because I really didn't understand your answer.
What I understand is that a part of the log is missing, so I will share a more extensive log.

I found this thread where I see a message posted by someone that I think is similar to mine but I don't understand it either :frowning: Improve pipeline bootstrap error logs by edmocosta · Pull Request #16495 · elastic/logstash · GitHub

I appreciate if you can continue to guide me to the problem I have

[2024-10-17T14:46:33,740][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Jackson default value override `logstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-string-length` configured to `200000000`
[2024-10-17T14:46:33,740][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Jackson default value override `logstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-number-length` configured to `10000`
[2024-10-17T14:46:34,299][INFO ][logstash.config.source.local.configpathloader] No config files found in path {:path=>"/etc/logstash/conf.d/elastic-agent-pipeline.conf"}
[2024-10-17T14:46:34,316][INFO ][logstash.agent           ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600, :ssl_enabled=>false}
[2024-10-17T14:46:36,027][INFO ][org.reflections.Reflections] Reflections took 92 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 138 keys and 481 values
[2024-10-17T14:46:36,347][ERROR][logstash.filters.geoip   ] Invalid setting for geoip filter plugin:

filter {
    geoip {
      # This setting must be a path
      # File does not exist or cannot be opened /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java/vendor/GeoLite2-City.mmdb
      database => "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java/vendor/GeoLite2-City.mmdb"
    }
  }
[2024-10-17T14:46:36,351][ERROR][logstash.agent           ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable to configure plugins: (ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline.<init>(CompiledPipeline.java:120)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.call(AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.gen)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.JavaMethod$JavaMethodN.call(JavaMethod.java:847)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuper(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1379)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.InstanceSuperInstr.interpret(InstanceSuperInstr.java:139)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:128)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:115)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.newInstance(RubyClass.java:949)", "org.jruby.RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.call(RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.gen)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.CallBase.interpret(CallBase.java:548)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.interpret(InterpreterEngine.java:88)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:238)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:225)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:228)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:476)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:293)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:324)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.Interpreter.INTERPRET_BLOCK(Interpreter.java:118)", "org.jruby.runtime.MixedModeIRBlockBody.commonYieldPath(MixedModeIRBlockBody.java:136)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:66)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:58)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:144)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:354)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:111)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583)"], :cause=>{:exception=>Java::OrgJrubyExceptions::Exception, :message=>"(ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["RUBY.config_init(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/config/mixin.rb:111)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:141)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-mixin-ecs_compatibility_support-1.3.0-java/lib/logstash/plugin_mixins/ecs_compatibility_support/selector.rb:61)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:97)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:80)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:53)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.filter_delegator(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:73)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:250)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:48)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "RUBY.execute(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:49)", "RUBY.converge_state(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:386)"]}}
[2024-10-17T14:46:36,370][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Logstash shut down.
[2024-10-17T14:46:36,375][FATAL][org.logstash.Logstash    ] Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit
org.jruby.exceptions.SystemExit: (SystemExit) exit
        at org.jruby.RubyKernel.exit(org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:921) ~[jruby.jar:?]
        at org.jruby.RubyKernel.exit(org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:880) ~[jruby.jar:?]
        at usr.share.logstash.lib.bootstrap.environment.<main>(/usr/share/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:90) ~[?:?]
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,142][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Log4j configuration path used is: /etc/logstash/log4j2.properties
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,148][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"8.15.3", "jruby.version"=>"jruby 9.4.8.0 (3.1.4) 2024-07-02 4d41e55a67 OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 21.0.4+7-LTS on 21.0.4+7-LTS +indy +jit [x86_64-linux]"}
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,150][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] JVM bootstrap flags: [-Xms1g, -Xmx1g, -Djava.awt.headless=true, -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, -Djruby.compile.invokedynamic=true, -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError, -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom, -Dlog4j2.isThreadContextMapInheritable=true, -Dlogstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-string-length=200000000, -Dlogstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-number-length=10000, -Djruby.regexp.interruptible=true, -Djdk.io.File.enableADS=true, --add-exports=jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.api=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-exports=jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.file=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-exports=jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.parser=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-exports=jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.tree=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-exports=jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.util=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-opens=java.base/java.security=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-opens=java.base/java.nio.channels=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-opens=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED, --add-opens=java.management/sun.management=ALL-UNNAMED, -Dio.netty.allocator.maxOrder=11]
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,153][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Jackson default value override `logstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-string-length` configured to `200000000`
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,154][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Jackson default value override `logstash.jackson.stream-read-constraints.max-number-length` configured to `10000`
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,731][INFO ][logstash.config.source.local.configpathloader] No config files found in path {:path=>"/etc/logstash/conf.d/elastic-agent-pipeline.conf"}
[2024-10-17T14:46:47,781][INFO ][logstash.agent           ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600, :ssl_enabled=>false}
[2024-10-17T14:46:49,477][INFO ][org.reflections.Reflections] Reflections took 94 ms to scan 1 urls, producing 138 keys and 481 values
[2024-10-17T14:46:49,840][ERROR][logstash.filters.geoip   ] Invalid setting for geoip filter plugin:

filter {
    geoip {
      # This setting must be a path
      # File does not exist or cannot be opened /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java/vendor/GeoLite2-City.mmdb
      database => "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java/vendor/GeoLite2-City.mmdb"
    }
  }
[2024-10-17T14:46:49,844][ERROR][logstash.agent           ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable to configure plugins: (ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline.<init>(CompiledPipeline.java:120)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.call(AbstractPipelineExt$INVOKER$i$initialize.gen)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.JavaMethod$JavaMethodN.call(JavaMethod.java:847)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuper(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1379)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.InstanceSuperInstr.interpret(InstanceSuperInstr.java:139)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:128)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:115)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.newInstance(RubyClass.java:949)", "org.jruby.RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.call(RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.gen)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:446)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:92)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.CallBase.interpret(CallBase.java:548)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:363)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.interpret(InterpreterEngine.java:88)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:238)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:225)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.DynamicMethod.call(DynamicMethod.java:228)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.cacheAndCall(CachingCallSite.java:476)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:293)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:324)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:66)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.Interpreter.INTERPRET_BLOCK(Interpreter.java:118)", "org.jruby.runtime.MixedModeIRBlockBody.commonYieldPath(MixedModeIRBlockBody.java:136)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:66)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:58)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:144)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:354)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:111)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583)"], :cause=>{:exception=>Java::OrgJrubyExceptions::Exception, :message=>"(ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["RUBY.config_init(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/config/mixin.rb:111)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:141)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-mixin-ecs_compatibility_support-1.3.0-java/lib/logstash/plugin_mixins/ecs_compatibility_support/selector.rb:61)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:97)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:80)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.ContextualizerExt.initialize_plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/ContextualizerExt.java:53)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.filter_delegator(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:73)", "org.logstash.plugins.factory.PluginFactoryExt.plugin(org/logstash/plugins/factory/PluginFactoryExt.java:250)", "org.logstash.execution.AbstractPipelineExt.initialize(org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:186)", "RUBY.initialize(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:48)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.new(org/jruby/RubyClass.java:949)", "RUBY.execute(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:49)", "RUBY.converge_state(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:386)"]}}
[2024-10-17T14:46:49,862][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Logstash shut down.
[2024-10-17T14:46:49,867][FATAL][org.logstash.Logstash    ] Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit
org.jruby.exceptions.SystemExit: (SystemExit) exit
        at org.jruby.RubyKernel.exit(org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:921) ~[jruby.jar:?]
        at org.jruby.RubyKernel.exit(org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:880) ~[jruby.jar:?]
        at usr.share.logstash.lib.bootstrap.environment.<main>(/usr/share/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:90) ~[?:?]
root@logstashserver:/var/log/logstash#

This is the message I was expecting. The geoip filter has a problem opening the database. I have no idea why it would be looking under /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/3.1.0/gems/logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java/, it should be looking under path.data. What does the complete geoip filter config look like?

1 Like

Thank you for your help

I modified logstash-filter-geoip-7.2.13-java by logstash-filter-geoip-7.3.0-java

and the problem has disappeared