esrally.exceptions.LaunchError: Daemon startup failed with exit code [1] on Elasticsearch post 8.0.0 version

Similar to the problem esrally.exceptions.LaunchError: Daemon startup failed with exit code [1]

I had the error code esrally.exceptions.LaunchError: Daemon startup failed with exit code [1] with the command:

esrally race --distribution-version=8.0.1 --track-path=/home/bastien/.rally/tracks/syslog_all --car=defaults,basic-license

You can remplace 8.0.1 by any 8.* version, the error will be the same

I followed the first topic instruction and found out the error was:

elasticsearch-8.0.1/bin/elasticsearch -d

warning: ignoring JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64; using bundled JDK
warning: ignoring JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64; using bundled JDK

I installed java-17 and changed the Java_Home to java 17 and the following command worked:

esrally race --distribution-version=8.0.1 --preserve-install --track-path=/home/bastien/.rally/tracks/syslog_all --car=defaults,basic-license

TL:DR For anyone having the same error on post 8.0 Elasticsearch version, change your JAVA_HOME to JAVA_17 JDK.

PS: I didn't check all JAVA_VERSION, any version between 11 and 17 might be working.
PPS: If the "Daemon startup failed with exit code [1]" message only appear due to the Java compatibility problem, it would be good if the next Rally version ask the user to change the JAVA_HOME to a working Java JDK.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.