Event start date + duration visualization

Hi !

I'm currently dealing with documents having a start date, an end date and a duration (in seconds) for events. What I'm trying to do in Kibana, is to display the number of ongoing event (y-axis) based on time (x-axis).
I tried doing things, and the best I could get to is to have the number of events started at a certain date, which is not extactly what I desire.

I ran into this subject : display-concurrency-in-data-on-kibana which unfortunately did not helped me enough.

Is there any way to do this ? I'm not very familiar with the JSON input field, but I imagine I'll have to write a little script ?

I'm running the 6.2.1 version

Thanks in advance for your help !

The JSON input field lets you set aggregation fields that do not have GUI components. For example, if you select the aggregation Unique Count, there are no GUI inputs for setting the parameter precision_threshold but you can use set it via JSON input field.

Now back to your problem - you could maybe try using Visual Builder visualization and try using a (bucket script aggregation)[https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-aggregations-pipeline-bucket-script-aggregation.html] to determine if an event that started in on bucket also ended in the same bucket.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.