Experience using terraform to manage logstash pipelines?

Does anyone have any experience with the elasticstack_elasticsearch_logstash_pipeline provider from Terraform? (i would post a link but im not allowed)

currently i use ansible for setup, but wondering if it might not be better for me to use terraform as many of my other post-ansible-setup tasks (e.g. users/spaces etc) will be done using terraform.

is the terraform provider fully featured?
does it have any weird bugs that make it unusable for logstash?

Are you using the Centralized Pipeline Management paid feature in Kibana to manage your Logstash pipelines?

This provider uses this.

No currently just using ansible to deploy these pipelines onto the server.

i see that (as you mentioned) Centralized Pipeline Management can be setup (we have the licence for this), and this then presents an API that terraform can use to configure logstash pipelines.

What i'm after is any experience people have of using Terraform (+ centralized pipeline management) vs plain ansible to manage pipelines.

e.g. are there any weird bugs in the terraform logstash that make it unusuable.

i need the entire config properly committed into git repo, so using centralized pipeline management from the UI doesnt work for us.

Yeah, I just asked because since it is a paid feature, not everyone has access to it.

Being honest I don't think there are many people that uses the Centralized PIpeline Management here in the forum and even less that would use this coupled with the terraform provider you mentioned.

I would sticky with Ansible.

For example, I have something around 20 Logstash servers and both the pipelines configurations and pipelines.yml file is changed/updated through commits on a github repo.

I use github actions and some ansible playbooks to add, change and remove pipeline configurations.

aha super thanks for the tip!! - i'll continue with ansible :slight_smile:
yeah we use git commits too (couldnt live without it!)