Facing some issues in creating index patterns using the python elasticsearch API

Hello,

I want to create an index pattern on Kibana through the python API also set the default timeFieldName to @timestamp. However, I am a little confused in regards to the API documentation provided by Elasticsearch-py.

To elaborate, I want to have a Jenkins job that checks whether certain index patterns are available (I do this using the Index exists API). If a certain index pattern does not exist, I want to create it programmatically using the Index create API. I also want to set the timeFieldName for the index pattern to the default @timestamp field. This is where I'm a little confused.

I do see that there is an option "timeFieldName" field in the create index pattern API. However, when I look at the elasticsearch-py API documentation for the same, I see no mention of it.

May I know where I should specify the index pattern fields as mentioned in the elastic guide API documentation? I could just translate the CURL command into python and issue the API call that way, but I figured that there would be a proper way to manage this through the python API.

Hi Rahul,

elasticsearch-py is a client that only works with Elasticsearch APIs. The create index pattern API is a Kibana API and there are no client libraries for this API so you will have to create your own HTTP request to use the API.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.