Failed to find a usable hardware address from the network interfaces; using random bytes: 13:89:cc:a0:f7:2e:cf:b2

I'm trying to implement elasticsearch to my remote server where I will deploy my application

when I start my elasticsearch engine with localhost is started correctly but when I change host in elasticsearch.yml to network.host: 0.0.0.0 the elasticsearch engine is stopping immediatly with the Warning

see

[2018-02-07T14:49:55,786][WARN ][i.n.u.i.MacAddressUtil   ] Failed to find a usable hardware address from the network interfaces; using random bytes: fc:b7:13:ab:f1:f7:0f:53
[2018-02-07T14:49:55,907][INFO ][o.e.t.TransportService   ] [t26r_PN] publish_address {xxx.xx.Xx.x:9300}, bound_addresses {0.0.0.0:9300}
[2018-02-07T14:49:55,919][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks    ] [t26r_PN] bound or publishing to a non-loopback or non-link-local address, enforcing bootstrap checks
ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: system call filters failed to install; check the logs and fix your configuration or disable system call filters at your own risk

why I get this warning and why elasticsearch is stopping thanks

Please read https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/bootstrap-checks.html

its working after adding discovery.Type: single-node but I still get the warning there is no probleme with this message ? failed to find a usable ..?

thank you so much

If you don't need to have a cluster of multiple nodes, that's probably fine.

else, if I need it ,I must configure my elasticsearch engine settings ?
If you can please provide me a link for documentation thanks and have a nice day

You need to set network.host correctly and remove the discovery setting you just added.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.