Fatal Error in Kibana

Hello,
While switching on the kibana i encountered the error

kibana plugin uncaught type {IP:5601} error cannot read property get of undefined

A help would be really appreciated.

Regards
Shrikant

Hi Shrikant,

Could you post a screenshot of the error?

Also, what does the elasticsearch and kibana logs state? Do you see any errors over there?

Hello NerdSec,
Thankyou for the reply
Pls have a look at the screen shot

Could you also post the relevant kibana and elasticsearch logs?

Kibana does not generate a log file by default, you will have to specify a destination.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/settings.html

Logs from location
/var/log/kibana/kibana.stderr

FATAL { Error: Optimizations failure.
6148 modules

e[1me[31mERROR in /usr/share/kibana/plugins/kibana-time-plugin/public/time.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'plugins/kibana-time-plugin/bower_components/bootstrap-addons/dist/css/bootstrap-addons.css' in '/usr/share/kibana/plugins/kibana-time-plugin/public'e[39me[22m

e[1me[31mERROR in /usr/share/kibana/plugins/kibana-time-plugin/public/time.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'plugins/kibana-time-plugin/bower_components/bootstrap-addons/dist/js/bootstrap-addons.js' in '/usr/share/kibana/plugins/kibana-time-plugin/public'e[39me[22m

at FsOptimizer.failedStatsToError (/usr/share/kibana/src/optimize/base_optimizer.js:245:27)
at compiler.run (/usr/share/kibana/src/optimize/fs_optimizer.js:28:26)
at onCompiled (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compiler.js:241:12)
at applyPluginsAsync.err (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compiler.js:514:14)
at next (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:202:11)
at Compiler.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/CachePlugin.js:78:5)
at Compiler.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:206:13)
at compilation.seal.err (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compiler.js:511:11)
at Compilation.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:195:46)
at self.applyPluginsAsync.err (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:671:19)
at Compilation.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:195:46)
at self.applyPluginsAsync.err (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:662:11)
at Compilation.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/uglifyjs-webpack-plugin/dist/index.js:244:6)
at next (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:204:14)
at Compilation.compilation.plugin (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/BannerPlugin.js:67:5)
at Compilation.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:206:13)
at self.applyPluginsAsync.err (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:657:10)
at Compilation.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/extract-text-webpack-plugin/dist/index.js:275:11)
at Compilation.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:206:13)
at sealPart2 (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:653:9)

cause:
{ Error: Optimizations failure.
6148 modules

Have you installed any plugins? What is the output of:

/usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin list

Try uninstalling the plugin (kibana-time-plugin) and starting kibana.

Thankyou for the reply
Though I have already done that
I installed the plugin after that uninstalled that without running kibana

output for kibana list is:
[rdave@localhost ~]$ sudo /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin list
[sudo] password for rdave:
enhanced-table@0.7.0
kbn_polar@0.0.1
network_vis@5.5.0-1
prelert_swimlane_vis@6.2.4
sentinl@6.0.0

Regards
Shrikant

Moreover after running the uninstall command

[rdave@localhost kibana]$ sudo ./bin/kibana-plugin remove kibana-time-plugin

Unable to remove plugin because of error: "Plugin [kibana-time-plugin] is not installed"

Regards
Shrikant

That is strange. Could you see if the directory, /usr/share/kibana/plugins/kibana-time-plugin exists?

If so, could you delete it and try restarting kibana?

@NerdSec
This is the response of that output.
Pls have a look

Regards
Shrikant

I think you forgot to add the o/p?

thankyou for the reply
can pls elaborate a bit

Regards
Shrikant

@NerdSec their is no kibana-time-plugin installed their

Regards
Shrikant

Needed to optimize the kibana directory, reinstalling an existing plugin did that and fixed the issue.

Need to have a standalone option to optimize the directory.

@NerdSec i am facing the error

[rdave@localhost bin]$ sudo ./kibana-plugin install https://github.com/sirensolutions/sentinl/releases/download/tag-6.2.4-pre-0/sentinl-v6.2.4.zip
Attempting to transfer from https://github.com/sirensolutions/sentinl/releases/download/tag-6.2.4-pre-0/sentinl-v6.2.4.zip
Transferring 136682634 bytes....
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Error: end of central directory record signature not found
at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/yauzl/index.js:179:14
at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/yauzl/index.js:539:5
at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/fd-slicer/index.js:32:7
at FSReqWrap.wrapper [as oncomplete] (fs.js:683:17)
Plugin installation was unsuccessful due to error "Error retrieving metadata from plugin archive"

Encountered the error while installing sentinl

It does not seem to be an issue with Kibana. Are you sure you want to install the pre-release version of sentinl? Maybe raise an issue with sentinl?

Could try the stable release?

https://github.com/sirensolutions/sentinl/releases/download/tag-6.2.3-3/sentinl-v6.2.4.zip

@NerdSec facing the same error with stable version also

@NerdSec Pls can you have a look at this I am facing many difficulties here

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.