Field change value

I want to change the value of the field user.id , so that it only shows the username. In this example, I want to remove the "slu" so that the value only shows "AlbissR" and not "slu\AlbissR"

4kSfM

You can do a scripted field. Something like the below. Just need to replace params.name with your field doc['some_field'].value in both places. (I did my testing in Painless Lab).

This will split the string if it contains an \ and then returns everything after an \. If it doesn't contain an \ then it returns original value.

String[] parts = /\\/.split(params.name);

if(parts.length > 1)
{
    return parts[1];
} else {
    return params.name;
}

** I would recommend doing this on ingest with an ingest processor if you are able to.

I tried that and I got following error:

[script] Too many dynamic script compilations within, max: [75/5m]; please use indexed, or scripts with parameters instead; this limit can be changed by the [script.max_compilations_rate] setting

I've never hit that error before or really understand the reason. But here is a blog post to work through that error.

If you can't work through that I'd open a new thread for that specific error and someone who has seen those can help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.