Filedatavisualizer is only reachable when using a user assigned to the original super_admin role (like elastic)

I have 7.6 version running with 4 instances (ELK + Heartbeat) with basic license and xpack enabled. The standard users have newly generated passwords. As an user which is assigned to the orginal super_admin role I can use the filedatavisualizer. If I create a role with same permissions as the system super_user role (all * * all) and kibana - I run into a 404 with the link: http://elasticserver:5601/app/ml#/filedatavisualizer. Error message is: {"statusCode":404,"error":"Not Found","message":"Not Found"}. How can i restrict access and in the same way grant access to the Filedatavisualizer?

Any hint where to start looking?

I believe you need to add the machine_learning_user or machine_learning_admin role to the user.

If you add a role through the UI, and click on Add space privileges under the Kibana heading you will have feature-level controls as well as specific information for stack monitoring and machine learning.

Also worth mentioning, Machine Learning is not available as part of basic so I assume you have started a trial.

Thanks, the machine_learning_user does the trick. In addition you need to switch on ML fur the user space. It even works for the basic license.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.