Function beat is for x-pack only

Hi Team,
First of all , i would like to say "Good work" to all funcationbeat tech team.
my question is .

1 - Is this only for X-pack users?
2 - do i need to install this beat on my ELK and shipper servers?
I am using the ELk single node server(self menage) hosted on EC2.
3 - How can i get benefited from this beat because we are also using the Lambda functions.

1 Like

Hello and thanks @shahid for the kind words, my reponse are inlined bellow.

1 - Is this only for X-pack users?
Yes, Functionbeat will check if the remote endpoint has a valid x-pack basic license, basic is a free level license and you a few more things with it.

2 - do i need to install this beat on my ELK and shipper servers? I am using the ELk single node server(self menage) hosted on EC2.

No, Functionbeat will install itself as a lambda function so you don't need to install it on your shipper servers.

3 - How can i get benefited from this beat because we are also using the Lambda functions.

One thing you can benefit it from is to send cloudwatch logs from your lambda execution to your ES cluster.

@shahid Also we are interested to hear what are you doing with your lambda, maybe there are use case we could solve in future releases.

@pierhugues
sorry for the late reply.

Actually we are using the lambda functions for different scanrios. let me share the flow.

Source (ShellScript)/Webserver --> SQS ---> Lambda ---> other end points

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.