Generate chart from custom aggregation

Hi,

I'm trying to make a chart that shows for each superhero the time he's spent between to cities.
The problem is that I cannot add a field using "scripted field" method because it cannot match multiple docs at the same time. So, I think I should use aggregations but I don't really understand how it works for generating charts.

Actually, my goal is to join two docs by superhero "name" fields and make a duration by calculating the time difference between "arrival" fields of each document of the chosen superhero.
At the end I would like to have a chart gathering all superheros (or filtered ones) times duration calculated for disclosing who is lingering at the bar.

Thank you

#Doc A
{
        "_index" : "test_inds",
        "_type" : "_doc",
        "_score" : 1.0,
        "_source" : {
          "name" : """Iron Man""",
          "arrival" : "2020-01-01T06:20:00.000Z",
          "city" : "New-York",
          "@timestamp" : "2020-04-01T14:11:58.536Z",
          "loglvl" : "INFO"
        }
      },
#Doc B
      {
        "_index" : "test_inds",
        "_type" : "_doc",
        "_score" : 1.0,
        "_source" : {
          "name" : """Iron Man""",
          "arrival" : "2020-01-03T10:50:00.000Z",
          "city" : "Los Angeles",
          "@timestamp" : "2020-04-01T14:11:58.536Z",
          "loglvl" : "INFO"
        }

Hi @oula_oula

This is not possible with scripted fields, you would need have this pre-aggregated, so you'd need 1 record with timestamp start, end, duration to make it work.
It might be possible to do with the Vega-Lite visualization of Kibana. It supports aggregations and calculations with the given records

Best,
Matthias

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.