Getting below error after X-Pack installation

Hi Team,

We are getting below error on restarting the elasticsearch:

[2017-03-30T03:15:25,300][INFO ][o.e.x.m.e.Exporters ] [Node_1] skipping exporter [default_local] as it isn't ready yet
[2017-03-30T03:15:25,301][ERROR][o.e.x.m.AgentService ] [Node_1 exception when exporting documents
org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.exporter.ExportException: exporters are either not ready or faulty
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.exporter.Exporters.export(Exporters.java:188) ~[x-pack-5.0.2.jar:5.0.2]
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.AgentService$ExportingWorker.run(AgentService.java:208) [x-pack-5.0.2.jar:5.0.2]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_121]

PFB, the setting on elasticsearch.yml for X-pack:

xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.graph.enabled: false

PFB, the setting on kibana.yml for X-pack:

xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.graph.enabled: false
xpack.reporting.enabled: false

I have moved your post to the X-Pack forum.

Thanks Tim

Hi Team,
Please help me to solve the above error...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @gayathri,

I realize that this response is a bit late, but better late than never? And hopefully for anyone else that sees this issue. The only reason this error happens is:

1. The local exporter tried to start before the ES node was actually ready for it to start. (It will retry in 10 seconds)
    • This can usually happen because Kibana 5.x will forward monitoring data to the node to be indexed before the node is ready; it will just be ignored for the next pass.
    • Under normal circumstances, this can just be ignored if it happens once or twice.
  2. The exporters are explicitly disabled and something forwards data.
    • If this is the case, then it will continue to happen and monitoring should be disabled on the sending end (Kibana or Logstash).

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like