Getting mail from all topics just not the ones I'm following

(Simon Lundström) #1

I recently came back to work and before I left I had unsubscribed to all categories so I received no mail during my absense.

Now I'm back and I see that I'm still watching Logstash and Tracking Announcements, Kibana, Security Announcements. I've enabled "Mailing list mode" since I want emails instead of visiting https://discuss.elastic.co.

Now it appears that I receive mail from all Categories, e.g. X-Pack, Elasticsearch, Reporting.

Have I configured something wrong or is the "category filtering" not working in "Mailing list mode"?

Still getting emails from sub forums
(Sam Saffron) #2

Mailing list mode is atomic, only stuff that is suppressed there is muted topics.

The correct thing to do is to "watch" the categories you want but it is a bit tricky to "watch" all the old topics as well.

(Simon Lundström) #3

I tried to mute topics while using Mailing list mode but IIRC it didn't work? I can try again.

I have watched Logstash for a week (and watched two more today) but I still haven't gotten any mail.

(Simon Lundström) #4

Ah! I enabled:

• Send me an email when someone messages me
  • Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invites me to a topic

and mails started to come.
Maybe that should be documented?

(Sam Saffron) #5

usually both of these settings are enabled by default, so in general you
have to actively seek them out to cause the pain.

(system) #6