Grok Debugger not shown in Dev Tools

We are using Kibana 7.6.2. X-Pack Security is enabled, confirmed by making a request to GET _xpack?pretty. Currently logged into Kibana with the elastic user.

However, I don't see the Grok Debugger in Dev Tools. What am I missing? I see mention of the manage_pipeline permission in the documentation, but if I am using the elastic user this is a cluster admin and I wouldn't need that permission, correct?

right, Elastic - super user has all the required permission to for the required task. Please check if you are disabling it by the following in kibana.yml:
xpack.grokdebugger.enabled: false

Can you please paste a screenshot of the error? The page on which you are seeing it? Are you seeing anything in the logs?

Thanks
Rashmi

Thank you for the help.

xpack.grokdebugger.enabled: false is not set in kibana.yml

However, just for testing I added xpack.grokdebugger.enabled: true to kibana.yml and received the following error:

FATAL Error: Unknown configuration key(s): "xpack.grokdebugger.enabled". Check for spelling errors and ensure that expected plugins are installed.

I have X-Pack security enabled in the ElasticSearch configuration. There is no need to enable it on Kibana as well?

Here are the two lines of the logs with the plugins loaded. There are no errors after this.

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-09-24T17:11:15Z","tags":["warning","config","deprecation"],"pid":6,"message":"Setting [elasticsearch.username] to \"elastic\" is deprecated. You should use the \"kibana\" user instead."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-09-24T17:11:15Z","tags":["info","plugins-system"],"pid":6,"message":"Setting up [21] plugins: [timelion,usageCollection,metrics,apm_oss,uiActions,data,navigation,status_page,newsfeed,share,kibana_legacy,management,dev_tools,inspector,expressions,visualizations,embeddable,dashboard_embeddable_container,home,eui_utils,bfetch]"}

Here is a screenshot of the dev tools page:

@rashmi .. thank you for the help, I figured it out.

We were deployed using the Docker image: docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana-oss:7.6.2, switching to docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:7.6.2 fixed this. The non-oss version has a number of additional features in Kibana including Grok debugger.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.