Head and remote connections via browser after 1.5 to 2.0 upgrade

Hi,

I've upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0 by adding the new repo and performing a yum update.
After the upgrade I had to cleanup the plugins folder, then installed head plugin again and elasticsearch started just fine.
Local queries seem to work fine and so does Kibana.

The problem is when I try to connect via browser to the head plugin (or any other direct query) I get a connection refused.
The elasticsearch.yml seems ok, as it states that by default it will listen on the interface 0.0.0.0, which is what I want.
Any ideas on what could be happening here? And what can I do to get it to listen in all interfaces again or discard that as the problem?

Thanks,
Isaac

Head plugin has not been updated to 2.0.0 AFAIK.

ok, so that's explains why it doesn't work....

Any reason for direct queries through the browser not working?
I deleted the folder _site under plugins because it was making it fail to start, would that have anything to do?

May be CORS settings? Or network.host is not set and you are trying to access it from another computer?

That's the first think I've checked, the network.host.
It's as default, which in theory means it bins to all IP addresses, and it was working before the update.
But a netstat shows it only listening on 127.0.0.1.
Not sure what other option would I need to change in ES2 to make it listen in all interfaces

Found it, ES2 by default binds to local which is 127.0.0.1, I had to change the setting network.bind_host to 0.0.0.0 and now it works fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :smile: