Head and remote connections via browser after 1.5 to 2.0 upgrade

(Isaac Perez Moncho) #1

Hi,

I've upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0 by adding the new repo and performing a yum update.
After the upgrade I had to cleanup the plugins folder, then installed head plugin again and elasticsearch started just fine.
Local queries seem to work fine and so does Kibana.

The problem is when I try to connect via browser to the head plugin (or any other direct query) I get a connection refused.
The elasticsearch.yml seems ok, as it states that by default it will listen on the interface 0.0.0.0, which is what I want.
Any ideas on what could be happening here? And what can I do to get it to listen in all interfaces again or discard that as the problem?

Thanks,
Isaac

(David Pilato) #2

Head plugin has not been updated to 2.0.0 AFAIK.

(Isaac Perez Moncho) #3

ok, so that's explains why it doesn't work....

Any reason for direct queries through the browser not working?
I deleted the folder _site under plugins because it was making it fail to start, would that have anything to do?

(David Pilato) #4

May be CORS settings? Or network.host is not set and you are trying to access it from another computer?

(Isaac Perez Moncho) #5

That's the first think I've checked, the network.host.
It's as default, which in theory means it bins to all IP addresses, and it was working before the update.
But a netstat shows it only listening on 127.0.0.1.
Not sure what other option would I need to change in ES2 to make it listen in all interfaces

(Isaac Perez Moncho) #6

Found it, ES2 by default binds to local which is 127.0.0.1, I had to change the setting network.bind_host to 0.0.0.0 and now it works fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :smile:

(system) #7