Help a beginner to build the asciidoc docs :-D

Dear All

I am new to elasticsearch. I want to use the most recent version and I am therefore looking for the most updated version of the "Elasticsearch: The Definitive Guide". I have cloned the repo but when I try to build it I get the following error message:

Building HTML from README.asciidoc

Error executing: a2x -v --icons -d book -f chunked -a showcomments=1 -a lang=en -a base_edit_url= -a root_dir=/home/yolen/tools/elastic/docs --xsl-file resources/website_chunked.xsl --asciidoc-opts -fresources/es-asciidoc.conf --destination-dir=/home/yolen/tools/elastic/docs/html_docs --xsltproc-opts --stringparam toc.max.depth '5' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam toc.section.depth '0' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam chunk.section.depth '0' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam local.book.version 'test build' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam local.book.multi_version '0' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam local.page.header '' --xsltproc-opts --stringparam local.book.section.title 'Docs/' /home/yolen/tools/elastic/docs/README.asciidoc 

---
  File "/home/yolen/tools/elastic/docs/resources/asciidoc-8.6.8/a2x", line 76
    print '%s: %s' % (PROG,msg)
                 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Jens

The most recent version is automatically published on https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/master/index.html

You don't have to build it yourself unless you are planning to contribute into it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.