[HELP]How to run multiple logstash instances

Hi all.

I'm a beginner to logstash and I need to run multiple logstash instances.
My logstash version is 5.5 and I followed this link. here and here
And the result is

1. grep -v ^# logstash.yml | grep [a-z]
  2. top

Until now, I think everything is ok. But when I tried to make index in kibana I can't make it. I think logstash isn't putting log files into elasticsearch and i can't guess what the problem is.

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read and some people may not be even able to see them.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll keep in mind that.

Which Logstash process is responsible for talking to ES? From where does it get its data? Is the ES cluster healthy? What if you replace the elasticsearch output with another kind of output just to verify the the pipeline itself it working? These are some of the questions you should ask yourself when debugging a problem like this.

Yeah you're totally right. I'm ashamed but it was helpful.
And What does it mean 'Which Logstash process is responsible for talking to ES?'
What I did was "sudo service logstash_my start". Should there be any special logstash process for control??

And What does it mean 'Which Logstash process is responsible for talking to ES?'
What I did was “sudo service logstash_my start”. Should there be any special logstash process for control??

No, I just meant that you have three Logstash processes and if it's only some of them that are talking to ES then you need to make sure you look at the right instances.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.