Help installing unpublished plugin logstash-output-s3 on installed logstash 5.3.0

Hi All, First up thank you for the help. This is my first post on here.
I am testing the logstash-output-s3 plugin branch commit id: bc3035b077be465f172377dc9be55d198e037462.
The commit allows the plugin to be used with non-AWS endpoints specifically for local Ceph S3 deployments.

I have tested the plugin successfully with a local logstash clone from github.
I now want to test the plugin with the installed release version of logstash 5.3.0.

Steps I followed are:

• Based on the instructions on the plugin page modified the Gemfile under /usr/shared/logstash/ with replacing the
    gem "logstash-output-s3"
    line with the path location of the cloned unpublished plugin
    gem "logstash-output-s3", :path => "/root/logstash-output-s3"

• Run the plugin install command from logstash home under /usr/shared/logstash/
    bin/logstash-plugin install --no-verify
    I get the following output:

Installing...
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.3.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.3.0' succeeds before bundling.
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 2/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.3.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.3.0' succeeds before bundling.
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 3/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 4/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 5/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 6/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 7/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 8/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 9/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 10/10
Too many retries, aborting, caused by Bundler::InstallError
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.3.0), and Bundler cannot continue.

• As the error says I ran the command:
    gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.3.0'
    I get the following output:

jar dependencies for logstash-core-event-java-5.3.0-java.gemspec . . .
    com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.7.3
    com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.7.3
    com.fasterxml.jackson.module:jackson-module-afterburner:2.7.3
    com.fasterxml.jackson.dataformat:jackson-dataformat-cbor:2.7.3
    org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-api:2.6.2
    [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
    [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin de.saumya.mojo:gem-extension:1.1.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for de.saumya.mojo:gem-extension:jar:1.1.5 @
    [ERROR] Unknown packaging: gem @
    @
    [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] The project rubygems:logstash-core-event-java:5.3.0 (/usr/local/rvm/rubies/jruby-1.7.26/lib/ruby/shared/jars/gemspec_pom.rb) has 2 errors
    [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin de.saumya.mojo:gem-extension:1.1.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for de.saumya.mojo:gem-extension:jar:1.1.5: Could not transfer artifact de.saumya.mojo:gem-extension:pom:1.1.5 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): Connect to local.dev:9898 [local.dev/127.0.53.53] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused) -> [Help 2]
    [ERROR] Unknown packaging: gem
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
    [ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)
    No such file or directory - /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.26/gems/logstash-core-event-java-5.3.0-java/deps.lst

• My ruby version
    ruby -v
    jruby 1.7.26 (1.9.3p551) 2016-08-26 69763b8 on OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_121-b13 +jit [linux-amd64]

I am not sure what else I can provide but does anyone have any insights on what I might be doing wrong? or could do to get this plugin working with installed logstash 5.3.0?

Thanks!

After investigating further I found it was an issue with my environment.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.