Help with Kibana displaying percentage by group

Hi!
I'd like to visualize my data in a certain way with Kibana and I don't know if it is possible or how to do it. I'd appreciate any help because I'm new to Kibana. I've attached a screenshot covering my current and, of course, invalid way of trying to achieve it with Filter Ratios.
Basically I have a field named action in my json which can currently have two different values: startSession or startVideoStreaming. I have a field called mediaSessionId which is a session GUID. In the example that can be seen on the screenshot I have 3 entries, 1 entry with sessionId 1 that has the action type of startSession, and 2 entries of sessionId 2, 1 with startSession action and 1 with startVideoStreaming. I'd love to see the following percentages:
startSession: 100%
startVideoStreaming: 50%
Basically I'd like something like this: (count of some action / count of unique mediaSessionIds). Thanks!

Your approach would work, but I think you need to change the actual query text because it's using Lucene syntax. Try _exists_:title instead of title:*- the asterisk approach is what we support with KQL, but this section doesn't use it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.