High Availability for Kibana Console application

Hi,

Kibana currently can be configured to connect to multiple Elasticsearch nodes in the same cluster.
I discovered that Console application is limited to connecting only on the first host defined in elasticsearch.hosts in kibana.yml configuration file.

This can be an issue because if the first node is not available(i.e maintenance or failure), Console application will not work and it returns the error Client request error: connect EHOSTUNREACH.
How can this issue be prevented?

What do you mean console?
This --> Console | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic

Where did you see this limitation?
Never encountered such an issue.

Thanks!

Hi @AClerk ,

Yes, I mean the console accessible when you click on Dev Tools.
If my understanding is correct, Console application is able to connect only to the first ES host defined on kibana.yml. If for some reason the first host is not available, the request is not forwarded to other ES hosts but it will generate an error * Client request error: connect EHOSTUNREACH*

Can you provide a link to where this limitation stated? Discuss? Document? Anything?
Otherwise, Looks like you have other issues.

Hi,

This limit is reported on official Kibana documentation: Use Kibana in a production environment | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic

Thanks for the reference.
It is a limitation, there is nothing to do about it.

Ok, I will try to raise this feature request on GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.