Host Elastic Search in IP address

Hi,

I have modified the below attribute in elasticsearch.yml so that I can access from other machine which is within network.

network.host: <ip address here>

But, I'm getting the below error.

[2019-04-16T13:04:30,635][INFO ][o.e.t.TransportService   ] [node-1] publish_address {<ipaddress>:9300}, bound_addresses {<ipaddress>:9300}
[2019-04-16T13:04:30,697][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks    ] [node-1] bound or publishing to a non-loopback address, enforcing bootstrap checks
ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: JVM is using the client VM [Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM] but should be using a server VM for the best performance
[2019-04-16T13:04:30,900][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [node-1] stopping ...
[2019-04-16T13:04:30,916][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [node-1] stopped
[2019-04-16T13:04:30,916][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [node-1] closing ...
[2019-04-16T13:04:30,931][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [node-1] closed

Please assist.

Have a look at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/bootstrap-checks.html

Hi @warkolm,

Thanks for the reply. I have modified the below attribute and the above mentioned error is gone now.

discovery.type: single-node

But, when I access to ES using the IP I'm getting the below error in browser.

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Is there a firewall or proxy somewhere on the network?
Can you try a curl?

@warkolm I am getting the below error with CURL

curl: (7) Failed to connect to <ip> port <port>: Timed out

Yea, there is Symantec Endpoint Protection running on my machine. That might be causing this issue. I will check with network team

You can use Nmap or ZenMap to check connection from your machine to target. It also pings every port at target.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.