How can I pass the ranges from Visualization URL or Is there any way that I can pass dynamically

Hi,

I'm new to the Kibana, In Kibana how can I pass the Ranges values from visualization URL or Is there any way that I can pass dynamically.

Ranges

Voters%20Chart

Thanks

hi @Shrikanth_M,

the ranges are part of the URL.

e.g.:

http://localhost:5601/app/kibana#/visualize/create?type=goal&indexPattern=de2f9d90-4413-11e8-8dab-394476f25724&_g=()&_a=(filters:!(),linked:!f,query:(language:lucene,query:''),uiState:(),vis:(aggs:!((enabled:!t,id:'1',params:(),schema:metric,type:count)),params:(addLegend:!f,addTooltip:!t,gauge:(autoExtend:!f,backStyle:Full,colorSchema:'Green%20to%20Red',colorsRange:!((from:0,to:10000),(from:10000,to:20000)),gaugeColorMode:None,gaugeStyle:Full,gaugeType:Arc,invertColors:!f,labels:(color:black,show:!t),orientation:vertical,percentageMode:!t,scale:(color:%23333,labels:!f,show:!f,width:2),style:(bgColor:!f,bgFill:%23000,fontSize:60,labelColor:!f,subText:''),type:meter,useRanges:!f,verticalSplit:!f),isDisplayWarning:!f,type:gauge),title:'New%20Visualization',type:goal))

You can see the colorsRange parameter in the query-parameters. Similar for all other places where Kibana has range.

I would caution you that this is not part of the public API. Modifying the URL to inject parameters is not something that is supported. But it does work and it is something that other users have done and do as well.

thanks,

1 Like

Hi @thomasneirynck,

Thanks a lot, it's working.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.