How pass arguments to Visualization

Hi,

I am trying to create a visualization and embed into my web application.
I could pass date arguments to the saved search in kibana. But How can I pass them to Visualization?
Or is there any way to create visualization dynamically from the search results to which I have passed arguments using URL?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

If you inspect the Share Visualization snapshot link, you will notice that the visualization details are contained in the URL. These params are Rison encoded. You should be able to modify these parameters.

My Visulaization link is as shown below. I have a saved search from which I am making this visualization. How can I pass my parameter from this link?

https://nlxesdev01.corp.cvscaremark.com:5601/app/kibana#/visualize/edit/4511fc20-83a1-11e8-a874-b52b5a556df3?_g=()&_a=(filters:!(),linked:!t,query:(query_string:(query:'*')),uiState:(spy:(mode:(fill:!f,name:!n)),vis:(legendOpen:!t)),vis:(aggs:!((enabled:!t,id:'1',params:(),schema:metric,type:count),(enabled:!t,id:'2',params:(field:BillingName,order:desc,orderBy:'1',size:30),schema:segment,type:terms)),listeners:(),params:(addLegend:!t,addTimeMarker:!f,addTooltip:!t,defaultYExtents:!f,legendPosition:right,mode:stacked,scale:linear,setYExtents:!f,times:!()),title:AuthCountByProvider,type:histogram))

I have this link for my visualization and I have another field auth.receivedDate in my index for which I need to pass date range arguments. Can you help me do this?

https://nlxesdev01.corp.cvscaremark.com:5601/app/kibana#/visualize/edit/42b1ce60-85f9-11e8-be67-d5d8c66a33e8?_g=()&_a=(filters:!(),linked:!f,query:(query_string:(analyze_wildcard:!t,query:'*')),uiState:(),vis:(aggs:!((enabled:!t,id:'1',params:(),schema:metric,type:count),(enabled:!t,id:'2',params:(filters:!((input:(query:(query_string:(analyze_wildcard:!t,query:'auth.benefitTypeCode%3D+!'Medical!''))),label:'')),row:!f),schema:split,type:filters),(enabled:!t,id:'3',params:(field:BillingName,order:desc,orderBy:'1',size:30),schema:segment,type:terms)),listeners:(),params:(addLegend:!t,addTimeMarker:!f,addTooltip:!t,defaultYExtents:!f,legendPosition:right,mode:stacked,scale:linear,setYExtents:!f,times:!()),title:MedicalAuthsbyProvider,type:histogram))

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.